Are you an experienced project manager who has passion for a more diverse cultural scene in Norway?
We are looking for you!
Masahat is a non-profit organization established in 2015 in Norway with the purpose of curating and presenting high-quality knowledge, history, art and culture from the Middle East and North Africa with a special focus on the Arab world. We periodically change the focus of our activities to feature underrepresented expert and artistic voices from the Arab World in events such as art exhibitions, panel debates, film screenings, reading circles, expert seminars, concerts and conferences.
By working cross-thematically and partnering with a wide range of Norwegian organizations, Masahat caters to a broad audience comprising both Norwegians and multilingual minorities from the Arab world. Masahat contributes to a more diverse Norwegian public debate and more inclusive artistic and cultural scene.
We are looking for a passionate and self-driven Project Manager to oversee daily management of two ongoing projects at Masahat.
- Project, organizational and volunteer management
- Day to day management of implementing two ongoing projects, including updating and implementing activity plans, communicating with partners, recruiting of participants, setting up and updating budgets while working with the accountant on monthly expenditure and forecasting.
- Reporting to different donors on ongoing and concluded projects.
- Recruitment and management of volunteers.
- Keeping a close relationship with the board and advisory board, with monthly meetings and relevant ad-hoc updates.
- Content production, communications and outreach
- Producing and curating creative content and events engaging different partners and talents.
- Designing and implementing communications strategy to share content on our different channels, including social media and newsletter.
- Proactive representation of Masahat in the media and other cultural and public fora.
- Relevant education in project management, organizational development, international development, social sciences, Middle Eastern studies or equivalent.
- Proven record in project management including financial management, preferably in the cultural and non-profit sector.
- Previous examples with initiating, leading and successfully implementing projects in the non-profit sector with limited degree of supervision.
- Experience with managing and reporting on projects funded by public and private donors in Norway.
- Excellent presentation, speaking and writing skills in English and/or Norwegian.
Desired skills and qualifications
- Previous experience working in international settings, event management and with youth from multicultural backgrounds.
- Experience with volunteer or interns management.
- Familiarity with, and interest in the cultural scene in Norway and the Arab world.
- Arabic language skills
- Familiarity with WordPress, Canva and Mailchimp.
- Self-driven and able to work with a great degree of independence, but also a teamplayer
- Skilled in networking and able to build a positive working environment collaborating with a diverse range of partners
- Able to make quick decisions and have a solution-oriented mindset
- Have an eye for strategic growth and development in the organization
- Creative and have strong passion for bringing new, and inspiring voices into the Norwegian cultural scene and public debate
- Modern office located in Sentralen in central Oslo
- Flexible working hours
- Supportive, experienced and hands-on board and advisory board
- Working with a small, growing and creative organization where you will have great opportunities to grow professionally, collaborate with creative partners, shape your everyday work schedule and engage in exciting tasks.
- Deadline: 28 April 2021
- Starting date: As soon as possible.
- Position is 60% until the end of 2021, with possibility for extension depending on funding.
Send your CV and cover letter (in English or Norwegian) highlighting your relevant experience and motivation for this position to [email protected] with subject line “Project Manager” by 28 April 2021. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.
Contact person: if you have any questions, you can contact Board Member Rana Issa, mobile: 45282526